On behalf of ADA and the CLA, we invite you to attend the jointly hosted Keeping our Rivers Flowing Summit which will be held as an online webinar on Thursday June 24th.
Following an increasing frequency of flooding from our rivers in past years and the devastating effects on the environment, people and local economies, ADA and the CLA have convened this Summit to collectively seek a clear national direction and raise awareness of the need for improved, everyday management and maintenance across river catchments throughout England.
Attendees joining this free event can look forward to:
- Keynote presentations from DEFRA and the Environment Agency
- Case-study examples of the issues faced by rivers, particularly in slow-flowing, lowland areas
- Learning about the practical steps that are being taken in some areas to improve restricted river flows and capacities
- Participating in an engaging Q&A session with the panel of senior representatives from Lead Local Flood Authorities, NFU, DEFRA and the Environment Agency
- Stakeholders and key policy officials addressing the challenges, together with ADA and the CLA identifying the next steps.
Keeping Our Rivers Flowing Summit Agenda.
This event has now reach capacity. Places are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register your interest via the Eventbrite link below and you will receive an email if a space comes available.
Click here to join waiting list via Eventbrite
This event is now closed.