2022 Forestry Conference: Building resilience together
The annual Forestry Conference, organised by the CLA, the Forestry Commission and Grown in Britain, is back for a fifth year and we are delighted to invite you to join us for a packed programme.
The 2022 theme is 'Building resilience together', and will feature sessions on topics such as ELM, plant health, carbon and biodiversity net gain, among others.
The conference is normally attended by up to 200 foresters, farmers, landowners, land managers and other stakeholders from across the country, and provides a strong platform to hear from a range of experts and case studies, share experiences, network and collaborate.
We are delighted to announce Lord Benyon as our keynote speaker for this year's Forestry Conference. Lord Benyon is the minister responsible for the natural environment and the opportunities surrounding green financing
Confirmed speakers so far include:
• The Rt Hon. Lord Benyon
• Forestry Commission Chief Executive Richard Stanford
• CLA President Mark Tufnell
• Nicola Spence, Chief Plant Health Officer, Defra
• Deborah Wells, Deputy Director for Policy Design within Defra's Future Farming and Countryside Programme
• Liz Nicholson, Director of the Forest Canopy Foundation
• Richard Deffee, Head Forester at Gascoyne Cecil Estates.
• Graham Clark, CLA Senior Land Use Policy Adviser and lead on forestry.
Further speakers and case studies will be announced shortly.
Tickets include a full day's programme, breakfast, lunch, and tea and coffee breaks.
We are pleased to offer CLA members and Grown in Britain certificate holders discounted booking rates, at £100 plus VAT. Non-member tickets cost £125 plus VAT.
If you have any issues booking online, please call the CLA South East office on 01264 313434 and the team will be happy to assist.
Bookings for this event will open soon